Year 6 Miss Milner
Welcome to the Year 6 class page! We love learning in Year 6 and always try our best in every single lesson. On our page, we have tried to include important information about what we are currently learning and any extra-curricular visits and events that we have coming up this half term. We hope you find our class page useful!
Our Spring 2 learning
- English – Writing persuasive texts, recounts and biographies (Harry Potter texts).
- Maths – Volume, Ratio and Statistics.
- RE - Salvation 'What difference does the Resurrection make to Christians?'
- Design Technology – Funky Furnishings (cushions).
- Computing – Coding (with Mr Mordue).
- PE - Striking and Fielding (Simply Sport).
- SATs – revision.
- Homework (Maths, English and Spelling) is given out on Friday and returned on Friday.
- Spelling test is every Friday.
- PE lessons are every Monday and Wednesday.
- Relax kids is every Wednesday morning.
- Safety Carousel – Newton Aycliffe on Wednesday 4th March.
- Bikeability Training – 16th-19th March.
- SAT Week – 11th-14th May (CANCELLED).
Click on this link for some useful videos, animations and games to prepare for SATs.
Click on these links for some useful games and activities to help
improve your spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Click on this link for some useful games and activities to help improve your Mental Maths skills.
Click on this link to access the login page for Times Table Rock Stars.
Click on this link to access Maths lessons you can do at home with White Rose Maths. Just click on the Y6 link on the website. These are updated daily during the period of school closure.
Click this link for some useful videos to keep fit and active during the period of school closure.
See below for an Easter/Spring activity grid we have put together that might help over the next two weeks during the Easter holidays.