Year 5 MR MORDUE
Welcome to the Year 5 class page! We love learning in Year 5 and always try our best in every single lesson. On our page we have tried to include important information about what we are currently learning and any extra-curricular visits and events that we have coming up this half term. We hope you find our class page useful!
Our Spring 2 learning
- English - Non-chronological reports ('Blue Planet')/Film narrative ('The Piano')
- Maths - Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Science - Let's Get Moving! (Forces)
- Geography - Fantastic Places
- RE - Salvation 'What did Jesus do to save human beings?'
- Music - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
- PSHCE - Getting on and falling out
- Computing - Coding
- PE - Striking and Fielding (Simply Sport) and Swimming (Consett Leisure Centre)
- Homework (Maths, English and Spelling) is given out on Monday and returned on Friday.
- Our spelling test is every Friday.
- Our swimming day is Wednesday.
- Dance Festival at Consett Empire Theatre - Thursday 19th March.
Click this link for some useful videos, animations and games linked to our current Science topic; 'Let's Get Moving' (Forces).
Click this link for some useful games and activities to help improve your spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Click this link for some useful games and activities to help improve your Mental Maths skills.
Click on this link to access Maths lessons you can do at home with White Rose Maths. Just click on the Y5 link on the website. These are updated daily during the period of school closure.
Click this link for some useful videos to keep fit and active during the school closure.