Year 4 Miss Stroud
Welcome to the Year 4 class page! We love learning in Year 4 and always try our best in every single lesson. On our page we have tried to include important information about what we are currently learning and any extra-curricular visits and events that we have coming up this half term. We hope you find our class page useful!
Our Spring 2 learning
- English – Persuasive Letters (Billionaire Boy) and Recounts (Escape from Pompeii.
- Maths – Fractions and decimals
- Science – Animals including Humans.
- Geography – Why does Italy shake and roar?
- RE - Salvation ‘Why do Christians remember the events of Holy Week every year?’
- Music – Lean on me.
- PSHCE – How will we grow and change?
- Computing – Online Research and multimedia presentations.
- PE – Net and Wall games (Simply Sport) and Swimming (Consett Leisure Centre)
- Homework (Maths, English and Spelling) to be handed in on a Friday.
- Our spelling test is every Friday.
- Our swimming day is Wednesday.
Click the links below for some useful videos, animations and games linked to our current Science topic; Animals including humans.
Click this link for some useful games and activities to help improve your spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Click this link for some useful games and activities to help improve your Mental Maths skills.
Click on this link to access Maths lessons you can do at home with White Rose Maths. Just click on the Y4 link on the website. These are updated daily during the period of school closure.
Click this link for some useful videos to keep fit and active during the school closure.
See below for an Easter/Spring activity grid we have put together that might help over the next two weeks during the Easter holidays.