Year 1 Mrs Renwick
Welcome to the Year 1 class page! We love having fun in Year 1 and enjoy learning through a range of experiences. On our page we have tried to include important information about what we are currently learning and any extra-curricular visits and events that we have coming up this half term. We hope you find our class page useful!
Our Spring 2 learning
- English – Humorous and nonsense poetry – Peter Piper, Dick’s Dog
- Maths – Addition and subtraction within 20
- Science – Plants and animals
- History – Houses and homes
- RE - Salvation ‘Why does Easter matter?’
- Music – Round and round
- DT - Homes
- Computing – Multimedia presentation
- PE – Net and wall games (Simply Sport)
- Homework and spellings are given out on Tuesday and returned the following Monday.
- Reading books can be changed daily if needed and children are asked to place them in the black basket.
- Our spelling test is every Monday.
- Our P.E day is Wednesday.
Click the link below to access a range of English games and activities
Click the link below for access to a range of phonics games and resources
Click the link below for access to a range of maths activities
Click on this link to access Maths lessons you can do at home with White Rose Maths. Just click on the Y1 link on the website. These are updated daily during the period of school closure.
Click this link for some useful videos to keep fit and active during the school closure.
See below for an Easter/Spring activity grid we have put together that might help over the next two weeks during the Easter holidays.